Love At Large FAMILY

Love At Large  FAMILY

Friday 2 March 2012

Dining In

Even with just 4 kids,sometimes getting everyone dressed and ready just takes all the fun out of going out to dinner.Add the fact we are in major saving mode and we did not have the desire(okay I lie the desire was there for me,but Nick stuck to his word with words like ''I am putting my foot down'') to go out for dinner tonight like we have many times in the past on Friday nights.

So rather then sit at home and sulk about not having a nice not made by me meal I decided to gather my smarts and get into the kitchen.Friday nights for us are ''mish mash'' dinners.We basically have a easy nights meal whether it be home cooked or a treat of eating out.Either way it is always something special.
But considering we are on this new diet that allows very little for dinner other then chicken or fish and rice and veg and salad I was brain storming how to make it work.And work it out I did!
So some yummy seasoned chicken breast with home made wedges as a treat and then beans,lettuce and rice and OOH  it was perfect!Kids ate almost every scrap of it and I was not disappointed we had stayed home afterward because if we had of gone out the kids likely would not have eaten every scrap of food on their plate.Basically the same as what we have but minus the wedges every night.

So even though sometimes we really do want to do something it was not the right time but we made the most and likely had more fun.I know the kids had a blast and my husband was very pleased.But moving hurry and be over with!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment