Love At Large FAMILY

Love At Large  FAMILY

Monday 12 March 2012

Oli,our little screamer.

Yesterday was an emotional day.
It started out great.I had all the kids clean,dressed and lunches made for school and bags packed by 8am.We were leaving early to go to the shops before school drop off.
Within moments of being in the car and on our way Oli lost it.He just began to scream,and scream,and scream.
And then continued to scream some more.
Once at the shop he screamed until I allowed him to walk,and then I had to chase him through the shop with the girls to keep tabs on him.
Then home after Lilly tipped her milk all down her school dress.Thankfully we have a spare in the car :-)
Then off to school we went.And once back in the car Oli began to scream again.The.Entire.Way.

It was painful.
Once there a quick kiss and a hug and Amber took Lilly to class for me.There was no way Oli was leaving the car that day.We had enough public exposure for one day,and it was only 8:45am.
 Back home we went with Oli screaming still in the back.
Once home he stopped right up until he was placed in his cot.He had woken at 4am,and it was now 5 hours later and he REALLY needed a nap.
Rocking a 21 month old to sleep who squirms is not the easiest task,but he was happy to snuggle and after a few minutes asked to go in his cot.He was not able to get comfortable in my arms long enough to fall asleep.

He slept for 2 hours.It was bliss.
Did I clean?No.I did some research on Home schooling and went on Facebook.I had already mopped floors and done washing.My work was done.
Oliver waking in a brighter mood sure did lighten mine and with us out of our morning funk we went on to do some baking,and built some towers and bridges for a while.

Our ''not so good at mowing'' lawn mower man came.He mowed our lawn finally after being  weeks late.He mowed it badly,as usual.
So when we move I told Nick to either find a new and better mowing company,or buy a mower and do the job yourself.Safe to say he is sourcing a new mower man.
We move next weekend,so in 10 days.It is coming up so quickly,and I have only packed 2 boxes.You can just imagine how many more a family of 6 with four bedrooms,2 living spaces and all the other rooms has to pack.A LOT.
But next week I will confront that.Right now I am putting it off,and off and off.

We happened to be out late last night so we ended up eating out,and broke on of our rules,which was to not waste money on junk food.But it just worked out to be convenient.

Today's Tuesday,and my washing machine is calling me as I write this.So off to prep kids for school and after drop outing,if I don't do it now..someones likely to leave this house naked!



No comments:

Post a Comment