Love At Large FAMILY

Love At Large  FAMILY

Sunday 11 March 2012

A moment in parenting:a Fathers way.

So it's the last day of the weekend,and the kids have just been so ''manic'' in behavior today.A every moment of today,someone was on the time out mat,in their room on their room for quiet ''think about what you did time'' or being talked to about the ''right kind'' of behavior.They just didn't manage to get along.Poor Nick.

He is learning to be patient.He currently has nil patience.It is a work in progress.
So this afternoon the kids had passed the point of no return.Dinner was due and they were attempting to ''play nice'' together.Fail.
So in order to just tune it out Nick got inventive.
 And here you have it!My husband having had enough of tantrums and fights,knowing he is reaching breaking point and not wanting to be ''mad'' at the kids put his heavy work wear ear muffs on.People use these to block noise from the machines that hammer at concrete....so it is safe to say they worked.
It kept a semi level of peace,and being honest I can handle the kids going crazy,but I can't handle the husband going crazy at the kids.

So the afternoon has calmed down.Kids have been tucked into their beds with stories and some giggles and I am in the progress of finishing some cheese and bacon rolls.

Interesting conversation with Lilly took place at bed time.
She was all wrapped up in her blanket shes had since she was 4 months of age.
She asked me ''Do you know what I am mum?''
I answered ''No Lilly''
''I am a cucumber'' she told me.

''A cucumber?'' I asked ''Are you sure?''
She giggles..''Yes mum'' I sigh (this is not a odd conversation to have with Lilly).
''And soon I will be a beetle'' she goes on to inform me.
I am lost,but only for a moment.
''Oh,your in a cocoon?'' I ask.
''Yeah mum that's what I said''
And then she giggles some more.

I can always guarantee a good laugh from my Lilly.
And if you are wondering where that came from,she is currently learning about the life cycle of meal worms.


There is still plenty to do to put this household back to rights so some form of order takes place tomorrow morning.
I look forward to the day we no longer have to rush to put shoes on and pack our bags to get out the door.
Homeschooling July 2012 can not come fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment