Love At Large FAMILY

Love At Large  FAMILY

Thursday 1 March 2012

School holidays,a Speeding year and Naptime!


I feel like these 2 little souls just went back to school.Amber at the top is in year 1 and Lilly above is Prep.And in 3 weeks today our school holidays for Easter break begin!!I am in shock at how quickly this year is passing.I mean I know they say it tends to go very fast when your busy but there are days in the last 3 months that I have done NOTHING and yet here we are,March.

I need to begin stockpiling art supplies for the holidays especially as we are always at threat of it being a wet lot.Rain season is still very much with us and it can be blaring heat one day and dark clouds and raining the following,tropical living at it's very best.
School holidays are looked forward to buy 3 people in our home.Me,and Heidi and Oliver.Me,because I don't have to leave the house if we have not planned a daily outing,so NO school drops and pick ups,YAY!
And Heidi and Oli because they both love playing with the 2 older girls and some days seems a bit lost with out them around.
Last year Amber was counting down her return to school and Lilly asks me every day as it is if she is going to school tomorrow so it's a given she will want to return asap too.
Nick is not phased.He comes home at the same time every day so if they have not been at school or have makes no difference to him.

With the new school term beginning in April we will have passed into the 4th month of the year in record time and then we have the 2 month countdown to Olivers 2nd Birthday!As I pre mentioned,this year is just zooming right by me.I feel like I am standing here waving back at the memories even though it feels like we were just experiencing them.

So this little man is Oliver.He is responsible for being capable of clouding my extra organized mind.Like any typical toddler,the mood he wakes to the day with spells out how the entire day plays out till bed time.Crazy it may sound but true these words are.He is known for burst of screaming,usually it will begin before we even make it into his room when he first wakes,and if that is the case it usually goes on most of the day.If we stay home that is all I hear,but if we go on an adventure outside the home he is right as rain!Go figure?!
Being a almost 21 month old in 4 days is considerably hard work and I would think Nap time would be vastly looked forward to,I know it is for me.Yet for Oliver it seems to be on the lowest of his list of things to do every day.Just today,nap time happened an hour and a half later then usual and took place in my arms for 15 minutes before I bravely placed him in his bed.Night times use to be this way,but the switched clicked and he now loves bed time and goes to sleep at night just fine,no supervision or hugs required.Just keep chugging I guess.This way is better then no naps at all.All 3 of his big sisters quit naps at 2 years of age and rarely went back into having them less they're ill.So I will just take what I can get! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment