Love At Large FAMILY

Love At Large  FAMILY

Saturday 3 March 2012

Tecnology and Friendships

I was late to join the world of Facebook.But happy I did join it I am.
In 2010 we became pregnant with our youngest child Oliver.Like with all the girls before him I would go online to the site Birth Center,where I could get informed on everything baby,toddler,birth etc.
Also on there I came across a Birth group segment,where we could interact online with other mums due at the same time as me.
It became a big part of my day.I was able to see how they were doing,hear some funny and at times not so funny stories,and we were able to share our pains and laughter together,all this being online.
After the births of our babies we managed to find Facebook as a good tool to keep in tough more easily,and we now have our own group there.

Most of these friend ships have blossomed on line alone.Some of us have met up,others are too far and wide for that.But we are able to find out way to our little group online and be a constant support to one another concerning any issues.
Its a breath of fresh air.
I had no success in a actual mothers group where you meet up weekly.But with this,we can talk to one another daily,anytime,someone is usually there to help,or they help in their only quiet time after the kids go to bed at night.

Out of Facebook I also met some very wonderful women I love dearly.My closest friends.
 Jessica is my longest friendship..we have been fast friends since 2009.But before that we went to the same high school,and even though we did not spend time together then we came to find we shared a lot in common and a friend ship formed,online,very fast.Jessica has 3 daughters now,and our kids bar my eldest Amber are all very similar in age.We have met up once since our friendship really began in 2009 in 2010 and it was an amazing day.Wasn't long enough,but it was what we needed.Jessica is always there when I need her,and that is what friends are for.
Tash-who commented on the same topic I did on a Facebook group called Circle Of Moms.We found out we had ALOT in common.Same age,month of birth,husbands in same field area of work,due with a baby on the same day..the list grew as we came to know each other better.The main and hardest downside is that the friendship is essentially a online friend ship.It does make it hard,there is o little visits to one anothers home a few times a week for tea and kids to play.We catch a phone call when we have the energy,we chat online when we have the time and we try and I mean really try to keep up with our friendship,making sure it keeps growing as we change.Distance is hard,but when you find these real friends I think it is safe to say I don't care where they are,just that they are a part of my life.
So now almost 2 years after meeting and having met in person with our families once,in December 2010 we continue to be friends and I love being a part of her family.
Then there is my newest by very loved friend Pauline.She is also a mother of four,and her youngest son was born 2 days after Oliver.And we live many hundreds of kms apart from one another,yet we are very good friends and can rely on each other to pick the other ones mood up when we feel sad and low.It is a wonderful friendship that also includes our families,with both our 6 year old daughters sharing a friend ship even though they too have never met.Our families and Pauline and I will meet for the first time in Brisbane at a very much awaited joint family holiday..we are all so excited!
 Friendship online means the firsts are always hard.''First Phone call'' ''First Skype date'' ''First meet up''.It is harder but really these friendships are my most rewarding,and I cherish these women.Their a part of my family,and I am honored to be a part of theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment